1. The technical platform for the Bits & Pretzels Networking week (hereinafter “BBNW”) offers a multitude of features for networking, personal exchange and learning.
2. Attendees have the opportunity to interact with speakers and moderators via chat or Q&A and at the same time make contact with other fellow attendees via direct messages, video calls or our Founders Roulette. At the Bits Academy, attendees can register for and listen to more than 100 masterclasses provided by experts. At the Virtual Café, attendees can set up their own video rooms or join other rooms to exchange knowledge with fellow attendees. The program itself consists of three parallel streams. The Bits&Pretzels Stream features experienced founders, world-class leaders and many more in various formats, such as “View from the top”, “Meet the leaders”, etc. The other two daily streams focus on specific industry groups or topics featuring high-level experts as well as startup pitches.
Every participant can use all functionalities, provided that no prior reservation is required (e.g. Masterclasses and Table Captains)
1. Your contract with us is formed at such time as the User registers on our portal.
2. In order to use BBNW, the User must register. The prerequisite to registration is that the User is a natural person, a legal entity or a partnership. If the User(s) are minors, then they may only register with BBNW with the consent of their parent/legal guardian. In such case, BBNW reserves the right to premise the User’s use of BBNW on submission of proof of the parent/guardian’s consent. When the account has been successfully authenticated, BBNW is deemed to accept the User’s offer to conclude a contract for use of BBNW.
3. Users are obliged to furnish full and truthful responses to the data requested in the course of registration. If these data should change after successful registration, Users have a duty to promptly amend the data themselves in BBNW’s password-protected user area.
4. Upon successful registration, a user account is set up for the User. If aUser discovers or suspects that his/her access data are being used without authorisation by a third party or parties, he/she must promptly notify BBNW thereof and promptly change his/her password.
Your right is limited solely to your use of the content we provide on the portal inline with its intended purpose. You are not permitted to use any of the content for any other purpose.
1. Your right to use the portal shall end upon conclusion of the underlying event.
4. At such time as the User’s contract with BBNW comes to an end, BBNW shall remove all of the User’s content from BBNW. The User’s account and all of the data stored in the account shall be erased no later than six months after the contract comes to an end. The foregoing shall not apply to data which BBNW is legally obliged or has a legitimate interest in storing, e.g. in order top revent re-registration after a BBNW has blocked a User for a well-founded reason.
5. BBNW furthermore reserves the right to irrevocably deactivate User accounts with incomplete registration data and User accounts which have been inactive for a period of at least 12 months.
1. You undertake to use the functions and services of the Portal in line with their intended purpose.
2. Users are not permitted to create multiple User accounts or so-called FakeAccounts.
3. You undertake that you shall take appropriate steps to prevent unauthorised access by third parties to our platform.
4. No content may be uploaded which infringes upon the rights of third parties, in particular property rights, copyrights, rights to a name, ancillary copyrights or trademark rights, which glorifies violence or is pornographic or otherwise violates provisions of the German Criminal Code. Likewise, no content may be posted that contains viruses, Trojan horses or other programs that are capable of damaging, secretly intercepting or erasing data or systems. BBNW may block Users from using the platform if one of the foregoing actions (nos. 1-3)is performed from the User's account.
5. You shall indemnify and hold us, our employees, agents and vicarious agents harmless against all claims or demands of third parties (which indemnity shall include the reasonable costs of our legal defence) if third parties assert claims against us that arise out of or in connection with your use of our platform.
6. In the event that you upload works covered by copyright, you shall grant us a simple right of use, not limited in geographic, temporal and substantive scope, to use the work in line with its intended purpose on the platform and/or our website (during and after the event, online and downloadable). In particular, this shall include the right to publish or to permit publication of the work in question and/or to make it publicly accessible or to permit others to do so. You warrant that you hold the rights to the work in question and – in the event that the work depicts persons – that they agree and consent to the publication or that the publication is otherwise justified.
1. Any warranty we provide shall not be deemed to cover losses and/or faults caused by the User’s culpable breach of the terms hereof.
2. As a basic principle, we disclaim liability for losses caused by slight negligence.
3. The limitations on liability under the above subsections shall not apply to losses arising out of injury to life, limb or health, fraudulent concealment of defects, claims under the German Products Liability Act, cases involving intentional acts or gross negligence and breaches of duties whose performance are a sine qua non to the proper performance of the contract, on compliance with which you are normally entitled to rely.
4. The foregoing limitations of liability shall likewise apply to our vicarious agents.
5. In all further and other respects, the statutory rules shall govern.
We shall be released from any existing obligation to perform in cases of force majeure. All unforeseen events as well as such events whose effects on the performance of the contract are not the responsibility of either party shall be considered events of force majeure. Such events include, in particular, lawful industrial action, including at third-party companies, and acts or measures of public officials or authorities.