Information on data processing for the Pitch Award
1. Name and contact details of the data controller
This data protection notice applies to data processing by:
Responsible person: Startup Events GmbH
Address: Rumfordstr. 15 80469 München
2. Contact details of the data protection officer
You can contact our data protection officer at the following address:
SiDIT GmbH, Langgasse 20, 97261 Güntersleben
3. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose and their use
3. 1. Collection and storage
If you take part in our competition, we usually collect the following information :
3.2 What do we process your data for (purpose of processing) and on what legal basis?
Below we will inform you about why and on what legal basis we process your data.
3.2.1. To fulfill contractual obligations (Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Letter b) GDPR)
We process your data to carry out our contracts with you, i.e. in particular
If you have given us your consent to process personal data, the respective consent is the legal basis for the processing mentioned there.
This applies in particular
You can revoke your consent at any time with future effect. This also applies to declarations of consent that you gave us before the GDPR came into force, i.e. before May 25, 2018. We would like to inform you that revoking your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out based on your consent before its revocation.
We may also use your data based on a balance of interests to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties. This is done, for example, for the following purposes:
Our interest in the respective processing arises from the respective purposes and is otherwise of an economic nature. As far as this is possible and appropriate, we process your data pseudonymously or anonymously.
3.2.2. Due to legal requirements (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c) GDPR)
We are subject to various legal obligations, such as statutory commercial law retention and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO).
4. Transfer of data to third parties and processors
The transfer of personal data also involves processing within the meaning of the previous paragraph 3. At this point, however, we would like to inform you separately about the topic of transfer to third parties. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. For this reason, we are particularly careful when it comes to passing on your data to third parties.
Your personal data is usually transferred to third parties for the following purposes.
We will delete your personal data to the extent that it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, and the processing is not carried out to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, or to fulfill a legal obligation reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The deletion will take place no later than 4 years after the award has been completed , as claims could still be asserted during this period due to the regular limitation period of 3 years.
6. Rights of those affected
You have the right:
• in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. This means that we are processing data based on this consent
based, may no longer be continued in the future;
• in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a Right to complain, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about its details;
• in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
• in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us to the extent that it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, the processing is not necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and Information that is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
• in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you use it to assert need to exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
• in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another person responsible and
• to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or place of work.
7. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR, provided there are reasons for doing so. that arise from your particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right to object, simply send an email to email@example.com.
As of: February 17, 2022